Student-computer needed, mom disabled, no income

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Back to Message Board - Home ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alexis Martinez on August 20, 2004 at 09:56:55:

In Reply to: Where to find free computers for individuals, schools, and communities posted by D. Gerard on October 12, 2003 at 20:27:27:

Hello-

I am not sure if someone can help my mom and me or not, but I thought I would give it a shot. I am a 15-year old looking for a donated computer for myself and my mom (mostly me for school). My mom is 36-years old and became disabled last year when she got Meniere's Disease. She has dizzy spells called vertigo all the time and she lost her job and then we lost our house, our car, and had to find our animals, which were like family to us, new homes. I would like to see if someone can donate us a computer because mom can't drive and we don't own a car anymore so I cannot get to the library for homework assignments due to living in the country and it's too far. I am taking an Honors class for English and keyboarding this year and I need the computer for both of those classes. Can you help or tell me who can that I can contact? It is hard finding any assistance anywhere.

Thank you so much,
Alexis Martinez
Shelbyville, TN

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: